Friday, April 8, 2011

Getting Personal

Somewhere, during my first week of blogging, I wrote that COW would be somewhat of a personal journal.  After my initial posting activities, I can say that it has been therapeutic.  Studying and learning the backroom activities of the blogosphere, in terms of getting started and figuring things out, has been consuming but again therapeutic none the less.

So here is some raw truth.
  I am over whelmed with grief and sadness. In February, one of my prior co-workers at FirstMerit Bank was murdered.  I attended the funeral with my fellow colleagues and felt the mourning pain of my closest friends.  We were all stunned to be there, but there was an unsolved issue.  Who could have committed this atrocity?

If you are following local Akron News, you will know that this unresolved question has been answered.  As the pastor preached at the funeral service, “God did not allow this to happen.  This death was an evil act.”  Here is the news link.  Akron Beacon Journal

Was not planning on riding this afternoon, to give my “healing knee” a rest, but my heart is breaking.  So, I am off to ride my bike.  Grace and Ben (BFF), I am so sorry.  As I pedal my way through this horrible day, I will be praying hard over my anguish for Jackie Hielder.  Peace to you. 


 

In this emotional state, I have to remember to RIDE SAFE!